[placement][nova][ptg] Resourceless trait filters

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Tue Apr 16 22:07:04 UTC 2019

>> (B) In the algorithms.
>>  (i) GET /rps and GET /a_cs queries need JOINs I can't even begin to
>> comprehend.
>
> If we wanted to we could figure this out (or do a D as another way
> round).

Sure, for some values of "we". In relative terms, I have "high
confidence" that I could write (and maintain!) the code for (A) or (C);
but "low confidence" that I could do the same for (B) or (D).

Now, does "traits flow down" help us at all with affinity? I'm gonna
say... not really. It would make it easy for us to tag NUMA nodes with a
*specific* trait (CUSTOM_NUMA_NODE_0) and affine multiple request groups
to that *specific* NUMA node. But then we need multiple permutations of
each request, which is feels horrible (with same caveat as before about
horrible feeling).

efried
.