[nova][scheduler] scheduler spawns to the same compute node only

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 21:55:48 UTC 2019

On 4/15/2019 4:46 PM, Mike Carden wrote:
> For what it's worth, we had a discussion about this in November last year:
>
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-November/000209.html
>
> I made a comment at the end of that thread about a 'workaround' we have
> used. It still happens here on Queens and the workaround doesn't solve
> it permanently.

OK so specifically setting
[placement]/randomize_allocation_candidates=True in your config that's
running the placement service, correct?

I can always remember host_subset_size but always forget
randomize_allocation_candidates. At least they default to the same
behavior (packing).

https://docs.openstack.org/nova/queens/configuration/config.html#placement.randomize_allocation_candidates

Matt