[chef] Renaming the Chef OpenStack project

Jens Harbott frickler at offenerstapel.de
Mon Apr 15 08:09:30 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-04-12 at 10:56 -0400, Mohammed Naser wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 7:58 AM Jens Harbott <frickler at offenerstapel.d
> e> wrote:
> >
> > In order to clean up some inconsistencies in project naming I have
> > submitted a request to the TC to update the name of the Chef
> > OpenStack
> > project to "openstack-chef"[0]. The reasoning for this is twofold:
> >
> >     a) It brings the name into line with other deployment projects
> >        like "OpenStack Ansible" and "OpenStack Charms".
> >     b) In addition there are sometimes drawbacks when there is an
> >        embedded space in the name, so I opted for the hyphenated
> >        version. Together with lowercasing everything this also has
> > the
> >        effect to match:
> >             - The name of our central repository
> >             - The name of our IRC channel
> >             - Our project name on Launchpad
> >
> > Please let me know whether you agree with this change or if there
> > are
> > any objections.
>
> I don't think I have too much of a problem with it but I can think of
> a few consumers
> who might want to mention if they're broken which are
>
> - openstack-map / OSF website

I did a patch[1] for that, which has already been merged and the map
has been updated accordingly [2].

> - release team

Tony has answered this one.

> - stackalytics(?)

I think our team doesn't care much about stackalytics at this point.

Jens

[1] https://review.openstack.org/645196
[2] https://www.openstack.org/assets/software/projectmap/openstack-map.
pdf