[openstack-ansible] Documentation of host OS major upgrade

Dmitriy Rabotjagov noonedeadpunk at ya.ru
Sat Apr 13 18:58:12 UTC 2019

Hi,

You'll need to re-run repo-build.yml playbook once have at least one host running another OS. So repo-server is designed to support different operating systems, and required packages would be built for every OS. You should be able to see such selection inside repo container in /var/www/repo/pools/

LXC OS is based on the host OS, but this might be overrided: https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ansible-lxc_hosts/blob/stable/rocky/defaults/main.yml#L166 Mixed containers are ok as well. And Ubuntu 18.04 on the host supports Ubuntu 16.04 containers, so it's possible to upgrade host and only after that rebuild containers on this node. The only tricky thing is that Ubuntu 18.04 runs lxc 3, while 16.04 is running lxc 2. This migration is covered by Kevin's note inside etherpad, so shouldn't be a big problem.

--
Kind Regards,
Dmitriy Rabotjagov