[chef] Renaming the Chef OpenStack project

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Apr 12 19:09:18 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-12 10:56:17 -0400 (-0400), Mohammed Naser wrote:
[...]
> I haven't dug into the history if we've ever done a similar
> rename, but perhaps one of our OpenStack historians can point to
> commits in the past where we've done the same and how it was dealt
> with in other places.

2018-03-23 PowerStackers -> PowerVMStackers
https://review.openstack.org/551413

2017-12-12 Shade -> OpenStackSDK
https://review.openstack.org/523520

2015-12-15 Release Cycle Management -> Release Management
https://review.openstack.org/255379

2014-08-20 Marconi -> Zaqar
https://review.openstack.org/114770

2014-03-17 Savanna -> Sahara
https://review.openstack.org/79765

2013-11-27 Ceilometer -> Telemetry
https://review.openstack.org/56402

2013-07-06 Quantum -> Neutron
[before openstack/governance repo existed]

And there are probably a few more I'm forgetting. A number of
unofficial teams also changed their names at the same as time or
immediately prior to petitioning the TC for recognition as official
programs or projects, mostly for legal/trademark reasons.
--
Jeremy Stanley