[release][stable][trove] Please add Lingxian Kong to trove-stable-maint group

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Apr 12 02:09:16 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 12:54:03PM +1200, Lingxian Kong wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> Thanks for the explanation of the stable branch policy, and very good to
> know we are in the similar TZ (guess you locate in Aus).

Yup so not total overlap but some :)

> It's not a hard requirement for me to become one of the stable branch core
> reviewers, the original demand was to merge Trove stable/stein patches in
> order to finish the community runtime requirement for Stein dev cycle.
>
> The patches were all sorted out thanks to Matt, so all good for now.

Cool.  As I've said before I'm happy to mentor you, which means you need
to be doing stable reviews.  It's a great idea when doign those reviews
to articulate the aspects of the stable policy you evaluated.  It
doens't need to be verbose, somethign like:

'Clean backport, closes a user visible bug, low risk' ; or
'Clean backport except where described in the conflict section.

Related to a bug  No API impact'

that sort of thing

Yours Tony.