[placement][ptg] Placement Over The Parapet

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 21:53:36 UTC 2019

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 12:09 PM Chris Dent <cdent+os at anticdent.org> wrote:
> For example, would there be any purpose in experimenting with
> plugging placement into the pluggable scheduling concept in k8s? Is
> that totally crazy or intriguing?

StarlingX has on its futures list being able to share a compute node
between k8s and Nova and it seems to me as though placement is the
heart of doing that, so totally not crazy.  I am thus far ignorant
enough about k8s as to not be able to reliably judge on technical
merits but would love to further discuss.

dt

--
Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com