[tripleo] Scale up/down Ansible tasks

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 21:57:46 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

Today I spent a bit of time on:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/scale-down-tasks

Which is basically adding the capability of running Ansible tasks before a
node is removed during a scale down or after a scale-up.
I'm focusing on the scale-down right now, as I know it's something people
have been waiting for (e.g. RHSM unsubscribe, Ceph OSD tear down, Nova
Compute, etc).

I need inputs from folks now, on what kind of tasks would be needed, I will
test them and make sure the interface we provide is enough. John, Olie, and
Martin in copy have maybe some ideas, please let me know some examples of
Ansible tasks that you folks want to run before a node is deleted in Ironic.

Prototype:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/scale-down-tasks+(status:open+OR+status:merged)

Thanks a lot,
--