[CI] nested virtualization support in OpenStack CI

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 12:37:50 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-04-10 at 01:24 +0000, Guo, Ruijing wrote:
> Right. I am planning to add ovsdpdk in networking-ovn like networking-ovn-tempest-dsvm-ovs-master. We can leverage
> networking-ovsdpdk to build ovsdpdk packages.
>
> The only issue is that qemu without kvm can be crash in vhostuser interface. So I want to have nested virtualization.
well dpdk only need preallocated mapped shared file descirptor backed memoery.
as i siad i belive you can use the nova file_backed memory feature to achive that but i have not tested it.
im also tinking of filing a nova spec to enable the qemu mttcg backend which woudl allow us to do testing
with hugepages and cpu pinning.

ovs-dpdk does not need kvm and nested virt.
the only requirement on nested virt come form how nova does hugepage supprot.