[telemetry][gnocchi] Gnocchi alternatives

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 11:05:46 UTC 2019

Personally, I can see there are several criteria for the replacement
project(s) of Ceilometer/Aodh:

- Provide consistent API experience with other openstack services.
- Integrate with Keystone
- Have ALL the metrics of core services that Ceilometer is collecting
nowadays.
- Alarm API
- Including all the feature-parity functionalities of current
evaluators/notifiers Aodh already provides.
- Last but not least, easy to integrate with other OpenStack services

Only the projects that have all the answers "YES" is to be considered as an
option.

Gnocchi is another story, it provides storage(by leveraging storage
backends) function, aggregation function and user-facing API, there is no
hard dependency between Gnocchi and Ceilometer, it could be replaced only
if the alternative is what we expected.

---
Cheers,
Lingxian Kong