[telemetry] Update cores team and team lead recruitment

Rong Zhu aaronzhu1121 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 07:14:34 UTC 2019

Hi,

I would like to introduce Shaoman Zhang, He is the team leader of our
company's(ZTE) ceilometer team, He is experienced in performance statistics
and very proficient in ceilometer.
We would happen to support telemetry community and I think Shaoman Zhang
can be the core member of the telemetry projects.
Shaoman also have some commits and reviews in ceilometer[0], although there
are not too much, but it can prove something.

Thanks for your consideration.

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 2:49 PM Trinh Nguyen <dangtrinhnt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> As you may know, existing core members of Telemetry cannot work on the
> projects anymore. So, I would like to set up a new core team for Telemetry
> projects in the Train cycle. At the moment, only Lixian Kong and I have the
> core privileges over Ceilometer, AODH, and Panko projects. I expect to have
> 1 more core reviewer to help maintain Telemetry. So *please send us your
> proposal if you're interested*.
>
> This is the current structure of Telemetry:
>
>    - AODH: Lixian Kong is the team lead
>    - Ceilometer and Panko: myself. This is just tempory until we can find
>    someone that has enough experience and willing to take the role.
>
> As discussed in yesterday meeting [1], you may argue that having
> experience does not necessarily qualify for code contributions but with the
> current situation, I would propose "*the willing to help*" as the number
> 1 criteria. We will move forward with it and fix processes when we see
> issues.
>
> Thank all the people that want to keep Telemetry alive.
>
> Yours,
>
> [1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/telemetry-train
>
> --
> *Trinh Nguyen*