[PowerVMStackers][Winstackers][uc][tc] Encourage to transform from project to SIG

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Wed Apr 10 00:43:12 UTC 2019

On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 05:01:31PM -0500, Eric Fried wrote:
> Okay, I'll bite.

Not bite ... add your sought after opinio ;P

<SNIP>

> I would be supportive of the continuation of the effort to move
> nova-powervm into nova proper. Now, I happen to know from firsthand
> experience that the code is excellent - certainly way prettier than a
> lot of the legacy gorp in the libvirt driver. Nevertheless, whether by
> switching governance or porting the code into the nova project, it would
> be irresponsible of the nova team to assume ownership without thorough
> review. I don't think anyone is arguing with that, including Matthew:

Switching governance doesn't require the core-team to change and the
point at which nova-core takes over from nova-powervm-core is when the
code moves into openstack/nova.

<SNIP>

> In the meantime, while there is still a significant gap between the
> in-tree and out-of-tree versions, it definitely makes sense for the
> *-powervm projects to have their own core team(s) and PTL.

core-team sure, but what is it that a PTL does/can do that a SIG chair
can't?

Yours Tony.