[placement][ptg] We like the perfload job, maybe we should rally?

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Apr 9 12:45:54 UTC 2019

>From the etherpad [1]

* Or at least measure more things?

Perfload has proven a useful (non-voting) test job for discovering
when things are not behaving well under high writes and for having a
rough understanding the performance of GET /allocation_candidates

In a world of copious time we'd have more of this kind of
measurement. Should we investigate Rally? It used to be the tool of
choice for this kind of thing once upon a time. Is it still that
time?

Or should we continue using more focused and smaller setups, like
perfload? If so, what should they be?

Or is this something to worry about some other time?

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/placement-ptg-train