[placement][ironic][blazar][ptg] "direct baremetal reservations" with ironic+blazar

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Apr 9 11:56:15 UTC 2019

The etherpad [1] doesn't have any additional notes besides the topic
but the general questions are:

* Do people want to do baremetal reservations with some combination
   of Ironic, Placement and Blazar, now or ever?

* What about Ironic and Placement, sans-Nova?

* If so, what would need to happen to make those things possible?

Based on my observations at the recent OpenInfra Days UK, I'd say
there's definitely an underserved need for this kind of
functionality. From the Placement side of things I would guess
there's little that would need to be done; it's more a matter of
getting other pieces and parts getting data in and out of Placement.

Discuss...

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/placement-ptg-train