[placement][ptg] Keeping osc-placement healthy

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Apr 9 11:00:36 UTC 2019

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> On 4/8/2019 1:44 PM, Chris Dent wrote:
>> Yes, that's probably a good idea to speed up the gate side of
>> things, but what I'm hoping we could figure out is a way to make it so
>> on the dev side of things we don't need a running devstack for the
>> test -> fix iterative cycle. The majority of the actually useful
>> tests in osc-placement are integration tests (but labeled
>> functional) and thus rather costly to run for the sake of
>> development. vcrpy or requests-mock could potentially help us create real
>> functional tests.
>
> Hmm, what about using the PlacementFixture in the osc-placement functional
> tests? Nova's already doing that successfully for nova's functional tests.

Yeah, that's probably the most gain with least effort solution. I
had it in my head that I wanted the tests to be with fixed/static
API responses, but with PlacementFixture being as no-big-deal as it
is, it is probably easier to use that.

I'll make a story [1], annotate the ptg etherpad, and we can call this
sub-thread a big win.

[1] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005411