[PowerVMStackers][Winstackers][uc][tc] Encourage to transform from project to SIG

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Apr 9 11:00:33 UTC 2019

Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2019-04-08 12:02:22 -0500 (-0500), Matt Van Winkle wrote:
> [...]
>> FWIW - we have also tried to include SIG activity as criteria for
>> AUC status and voting in the UC election.
>
> Yes, I thought about mentioning that as well. I see the two as a
> great potential combination: allowing contributors to SIG
> repositories could give the right to vote in both TC and UC
> elections due to the broader scope of the work in which they are
> involved.

I thought that was already the case :) When we set up SIGs originally
with Melvin the intent definitely was that contributing to a SIG would
give you both ATC and AUC voting rights. We may have skipped a step when
we implemented them...

So if it's not the case already we should definitely make it so.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)