[placement][ptg] Gate health management

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Apr 8 17:03:50 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019, at 9:58 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 4/8/2019 11:42 AM, Chris Dent wrote:
> >      * Figure out where the slowest tests are which aren't marked
> >        slow: http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/#1783405
>
> I tried something related to this last week to run the tempest-full*
> scenario tests with 2 workers concurrently rather than serially:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/650300/
>
> But looking at the stackviz output on that it doesn't seem to have
> worked at all, the scenario tests running at the end appear to still be
> running in serial. I don't know if that is a bug in *testr* or what -
> maybe mtreinish knows.

I might not be looking in the right place but the logs [0] seem to show the scenario tests running with 4 workers at the end of the job. I do know that tempest aggregates jobs by class in a worker which does mean if you get a bunch of slower classes (by test runtime) in a single worker that one worker will spend more time running. This does seem to have happened with the first tox tempest run in that job. Worker zero ran for an additional 15 minutes after the other three workers had completed.

[0] http://logs.openstack.org/00/650300/1/check/tempest-full/1edb016/job-output.txt.gz#_2019-04-05_16_01_12_702732