[placement][ptg] Gate health management

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Mon Apr 8 16:42:45 UTC 2019

>From the etherpad [1]:

* We have to run grenade and tempest. They are both very very slow
   and very unreliable (compared to the other tests). That's a pain.
   How do we help fix it?
     * Profile where time is spent setting up devstack?
     * Figure out where the slowest tests are which aren't marked
       slow: http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/#1783405
     * Figure out which (non-interop) tests in tempest could be split
       out to per-project repos or tempest plugins, i.e. if there are
       compute API tests which don't rely on other services or a
       hypervisor, and are just API/DB, they could be dealt with in
       nova functional tests instead.
     * Similarly: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-December/000868.html

The main thing to add here: We can come up with strategies on how to
fix it, but how can we assure that there is time/energy/people to do
that work?

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/placement-ptg-train