[glance][interop] standardized image "name" ?

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Sun Apr 7 21:35:06 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

Something that I've been dealing with is the fact that regardless of
what cloud you're using, the naming structure is very much different.
While we aim to be interoperable, if I want to "boot an Debian Stretch
server", the image name will probably be different all over the
places.

Is there some sort of way we can eliminate this by implementing a
standard naming convention which would allow us to use the same images
across all systems?

I'm just opening the idea for discussion, I'd love to hear what others
think about this.

Mohammed

--
Mohammed Naser — vexxhost