[dev][keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 1 April 2019

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Fri Apr 5 19:32:34 UTC 2019

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 1 April 2019

## News

### RC2 and Stein Release

We landed everything we had planned for RC2 and released it this week[1]. The final release is scheduled for next week[2].

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-April/004526.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/650362

### Train Planning

In advance of the PTG, I've started prepping keystone specs we already know we want to work on in Train[3] and started the Train Roadmap Trello board[4]. Please take a look at both to refresh your memory on what we had planned but didn't finish in past cycles so that we can discuss what to keep and what to scrap for this cycle. We should also talk about our specs backlog[5] and prune it if there are specs that are no longer relevant.

[3] https://review.openstack.org/650126
[4] https://trello.com/b/ClKW9C8x/keystone-train-roadmap
[5] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/keystone-specs/specs/keystone/backlog/

### PTG Planning

I've proposed a rough agenda for the PTG[6]. Since our schedule doesn't start until Thursday afternoon, we won't formally meet Thursday morning but we will have time to meet with the QA team and Edge groups who are having sessions at that time. Thursday afternoon we will meet and recap the Forum sessions and decide if we want to change the agenda schedule meetings with other teams.

[6] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-train-ptg

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2pquOwT

We merged 18 changes this week, which included everything we had planned for RC2.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2tymTje

There are 40 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots.

## Bugs

This week we opened 1 new bug and closed 2.

Bugs opened (1)
Bug #1823258 (keystone:Undecided) opened by Colleen Murphy https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1823258

Bugs fixed (2)
Bug #1808859 (keystone:High) fixed by Colleen Murphy https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1808859
Bug #1801873 (keystone:Medium) fixed by Colleen Murphy https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1801873

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/stein/schedule.html

The final release for Stein was proposed today[7] and the actual release will take place next week.

[7] https://review.openstack.org/650362

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter