[nova] retire a flavor

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Fri Apr 5 19:15:25 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-04-05 at 13:01 -0500, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 4/5/2019 7:45 AM, Sean Mooney wrote:
> > its an api change so it will reuquire a nova spec.
> > can you file a blueprint instead and then we can write up a small spec
> > for this later.
>
> What are we talking about specifically? We have a method for retiring
> flavors, you can make them private or delete them. I wasn't suggesting
> we should add the ability to change the flavor.disabled value in the API
> which would require a spec. I was asking Florian to report a nova bug
> about the lack of documentation for how to retire a flavor, that's all.
ya i think that makes sense. we shoudl have a bug for the documention gap.

the blueprint reply was to http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-April/004624.html
my assertion that there should be a blueprint and not a bug was because that would be an api change.
although i might have replied to the wrong email.
florain sent 2 emails back to back

i think the existing mechanism we have are likely sufficient provided we document how to use
them so a bug as you suggested will be enough.