[requirements][FFE][congress] lower psycopg2 requirement to 2.5.1

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Fri Apr 5 09:59:50 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-04-04 at 15:20 -0800, Eric K wrote:
> On 4/4/19, 1:51 PM, "Matthew Thode" <mthode at mthode.org> wrote:
>
> > On 19-04-04 14:30:51, Eric K wrote:
> > > Requesting exception to lower a requirement to resolve a packaging
> > > issue.
> > >
> > > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/650100/
> > >

> > This is more of a stable question, it's late in the cycle but it sounds
> > possibly needed.  I think this is fine technically, but not sure about
> > it policy wise.  To me it sounds more of CentOS's problem than
> > Openstack's (to be a bit brash).  Added the stable tag to the thread.
> >
> > --
> > Matthew Thode
>
> Thanks Matthew. I'm not so worried about stability because even if it
> breaks
> Something it affects only a new (Stein) experimental feature no one is
> relying on.
congresses lower constraints job
https://github.com/openstack/congress/blob/master/tox.ini#L103-L108

is broken the same way as novas was because of the install command that is used
https://github.com/openstack/congress/blob/master/tox.ini#L9

so https://review.openstack.org/#/c/650100/
sets the lower constatit to something that is invalid for the gate job
which runs on ubuntu. if you look at the output of the job
http://logs.openstack.org/00/650100/1/check/openstack-tox-lower-constraints/13666ba/tox/lower-constraints-1.log

we can see its using psycopg2
Collecting psycopg2===2.7.7 (from -c /home/zuul/src/git.openstack.org/openstack/requirements/upper-constraints.txt (line
81))
  Downloading
http://mirror.ord.rax.openstack.org/pypifiles/packages/37/25/53e8398975aa3323de46a5cc2745aeb4c9db11352ca905d3a15c53b6a816/psycopg2-2.7.7-cp36-cp36m-manylinux1_x86_64.whl
 (2.7MB)

it is technically true that psycopg2==2.5.1 will work on centos but until this is restored to 2.7 the gate job cannot be
fixed.

pep-0508 defines a set of markers we can use for packageing
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0508/

the only marker that i know of that contains the disto name is "platform_version"

we should be able to do something like

psycopg2==2.5.1; platform_version~=CENTOS
psycopg2==2.7;

but i dont think we should be breaking one distor to fix another when the lower constatint.txt wont be used to build the
centos packages anyway lower-constiatns will only be used when installing from pip in which case the distro versions is
not relevent unless i have missed something.