[PTL][release][stable] Pike transitioning to Extended Maintenance phase

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Apr 4 20:15:57 UTC 2019

Hey everyone,

Thought I should get this out there to make sure folks are aware.

We are actually overdue for Pike to have entered extended maintenance.
According to the stable policy, that should happen 18 months after the release
[0]. That means we should have made the switch in February, if my math is
right.

We will need to work through the details to actually put that in effect, but
for now I wanted to remind teams that we do not do releases after a stable
branch enters this phase. So this is a call for action for any teams that have
been backporting fixes that time is short to get a final release out while you
can.

The release dates for each cycle can be found on the releases site [1].

Thanks!
Sean

[0] https://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html#maintenance-phases
[1] https://releases.openstack.org/