[Magnum] Unable to create Kubernetes cluster

Anirudh Gupta anyrude10 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 09:51:05 UTC 2019

Hi Team,

I am trying to create kubernetes cluster using Magnum Openstack.

My External Network configuration is as follows:

neutron net-create MGMT_NET --shared --router:external
--provider:physical_network provider1 --provider:network_type flat

neutron subnet-create MGMT_NET 10.0.61.0/24 --name MGMT_SUBNET
--allocation-pool start=10.0.61.10,end=10.0.61.250 --disable-dhcp --gateway
10.0.61.1

Then I am creating a template with docker storage driver as "Overlay"

openstack coe cluster template create kubernetes-cluster-template
--image fedora-atomic-latest
--docker-storage-driver overlay  --external-network public --dns-nameserver
8.8.8.8 --master-flavor m1.small --flavor m1.small --coe kubernetes

Creating a cluster with 1 master node

openstack coe cluster create kubernetes-cluster --cluster-template
kubernetes-cluster-template --master-count 1 --node-count 1 --keypair
key-pair

When I look into my stack, it shows the event
kube_masters
<http://192.168.121.118/horizon/project/stacks/stack/58ddd64a-8779-495d-8d31-27f3615c8103/kube_masters/>
Create in Progress and eventaully after 1 hr, it gets failed.

I have checked the Troubleshooting Guide as well, but found nothing that
could help me resolving the issue.
https://docs.openstack.org/magnum/rocky/admin/troubleshooting-guide.html

Can you please suggest some pointers in order to resolve the issue.

Regards
Anirudh Gupta