[release][ptl] Delays on releasing RC requests

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed Apr 3 15:34:00 UTC 2019

Just a heads up to anyone that is proposing a new RC release by this Thursday's
final RC deadline.

Sphinx 2.0 was released last Thursday, removing some deprecations that were not
noticed in various libs and extensions that end up being used in our docs jobs.

Our immediate issue is sphinxcontib.datatemplates that has been updated to
handle not using the deprecated calls. But we have been blocked on a
requirements update to allow that newer release to be used.

We think (fingers crossed) that we have all the stars aligned where that should
be merging in about an hour or so. Once it does, we should be able to recheck
any existing release requests that have failing doc jobs and get those
processed.

If you were planning on requesting a new RC today, please go ahead and submit
the request. If you have any questions, please stop by the #openstack-release
channel.

Thanks!
Sean