[nova] retire a flavor

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 16:46:41 UTC 2019

On 4/1/2019 8:40 AM, Florian Engelmann wrote:
> There are a lot of unit tests about:
>
>              "alias": "OS-FLV-DISABLED",
>              "description": "Support to show the disabled status of a
> flavor.",
>
> What's that feature for? How does it work? Is this ongoing?

The flavor.disabled attribute was added a long long time ago and has no
external API hook or even nova-manage CLI to change the value of that
attribute, so if you want to set it you have to do it in the database
manually (yes, it sucks, it's half-baked, and I don't know if we should
just remove it or officially support it in the API).

> I think we need some method to retire images and flavors.

Agreed, please report a nova bug for retiring a flavor.

As for retiring an image, I already pointed out there is a story for that:

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004892

But that's not really a nova bug.

Matt