[dev][qa][devstack] Release management for QA toold and plugins

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Nov 30 10:05:36 UTC 2018

Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
>   ---- On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 14:29:24 +0900 Duc Truong <duc.openstack at gmail.com> wrote ----
>   > On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 6:39 PM Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote:
>   > >
>   > >  > > * devstack-vagrant: never released, no change over the past year. Is it
>   > >  > > meant to be released in the future (cycle-independent) or considered
>   > >  > > continuously published (release-management:none) or should it be retired ?
>   > >  >
>   > >
>   > > I am ok to retire this based on no one using it.
>   >
>   > I actually use devstack-vagrant and find it useful to setup consistent
>   > devstack environments with minimal effort.
>
> Ok, then we can keep that. I will be happy to add you as maintainer of that if you would like to. I saw you have done some commit and review in Tempest and will be good to have you as devstack-vagrant .

OK so in summary:

eslint-config-openstack, karma-subunit-reporter, devstack-tools ->
should be considered cycle-independent (with older releases history
imported). Any future release would be done through openstack/releases

devstack-vagrant -> does not need releases or release management, will
be marked release-management:none in governance

devstack-plugin-ceph -> does not need releases or cycle-related
branching, so will be marked release-management:none in governance

Other devstack-plugins maintainers should pick whether they need to be
branched every cycle or not. Oslo-maintained plugins like
devstack-plugin-zmq and devstack-plugin-pika will, for example.

Unless someone objects, I'll push the related changes where needed.
Thanks for the clarification !

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)