[Openstack] unexpected distribution of compute instances in queens

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 07:53:12 UTC 2018

I'm seeing a similar issue in Queens deployed via tripleo.

Two x86 compute nodes and one ppc64le node and host aggregates for virtual
instances and baremetal (x86) instances. Baremetal on x86 is working fine.

All VMs get deployed to compute-0. I can live migrate VMs to compute-1 and
all is well, but I tire of being the 'meatspace scheduler'.

I've looked at the nova.conf in the various nova-xxx containers on the
controllers, but I have failed to discern the root of this issue.

Anyone have a suggestion?

--
MC