[Openstack-operators] Fwd: Nova hypervisor uuid

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 06:49:21 UTC 2018

Hello Mattm
Yes I mean sometimes I have same host/node names with different uuid in
compute_nodes table in nova database
I must delete nodes with uuid those not match with nova-hypervisor list
command.
At this time I have the following:
MariaDB [nova]> select hypervisor_hostname,uuid,deleted from compute_nodes;
+---------------------+--------------------------------------+---------+
| hypervisor_hostname | uuid                                 | deleted |
+---------------------+--------------------------------------+---------+
| tst2-kvm02          | 802b21c2-11fb-4426-86b9-bf25c8a5ae1d |       0 |
| tst2-kvm01          | ce27803b-06cd-44a7-b927-1fa42c813b0f |       0 |
2 rows in set (0,00 sec)

But sometimes old uuid are inserted in the table .
I deleted again them.
I restarted kvm nodes and now the table is ok.
I also restarded each controller and the tables is ok.
I do not know because 3 days ago I had same compute nodes names with
different uuids.

Thanks and Regards
Ignazio