[Openstack] How to create a tap port using openstack API?

M. Ranganathan mranga at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 01:53:20 UTC 2018

Hello,

I want to write my own VNF. For this I need to :

1. Create a network namespace.
2. Create a ovs internal port on a bridge with an appropriate tag.
3. Send the port to the network namespace.
4. Run a service in the network namespace that could (for example) read
packets.

Are there "openstack networking" commands to do steps 1-3 above or should
this be done manually?

( What I want to do, essentially is to create a tap port and read packets
from this tap port. Incidentally, the TAPaaS project was doing something
like this but it seems to be unsupported.)

Thanks,

Ranga

--
M. Ranganathan