[all][ptl][heat][senlin][magnum]New SIG for Autoscaling? plus Session Summary: Autoscaling Integration, improvement, and feedback

Duc Truong duc.openstack at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 23:38:08 UTC 2018

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 4:00 AM Rico Lin <rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have a plan to create a new SIG for autoscaling which to cover
> the common library, docs, and tests for cross-project services
> (Senlin, Heat, Monasca, etc.) and cross-community (OpenStack,
> Kubernetes, etc).

Thanks for getting this started, Rico.  One comment I have is that
I would like to avoid including the term 'common library' in the
scope or goal of this SIG.  Rather I would like this SIG to drive the
discussion towards a common autoscaling solution.  Whether this
solution is a common library or something else will be the outcome
of the discussion in this SIG.

> For example, we can have a document about do autoscaling in
> OpenStack, but we need a place to put it and keep maintain it.
> And we can even have a place to set up CI to test all scenario for
> autoscaling.

+1 for documenting the current state of autoscaling and creating
autoscaling scenario tests.

Another goal of this SIG should be to gather user/operator feedback
and document the autoscaling use cases.

Regards,

Duc (dtruong)