[Openstack] [Cinder] Cinder New Tag Release

iain MacDonnell iain.macdonnell at oracle.com
Tue Nov 27 18:52:48 UTC 2018

On 11/27/18 4:52 AM, Chhavi Agarwal wrote:
> With the current tagged release of Openstack Cinder ( 13.0.1 )
> https://github.com/openstack/cinder/releases/tag/13.0.1
> we are hitting the below issue
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1796759
>
> This got fixed with change set https://review.openstack.org/#/c/608768/
> which is not a part of the tagged release.
>
> Want to know if we can have a new Cinder tag release to incorporate the
> new fixes.

[attempting to cross-post to openstack-discuss]

Cinder 13.x releases are OpenStack Rocky, and the upper-constraints for
Rocky [1] says oslo.messaging===8.1.2, so there should be no need to
backport this fix.

Are you trying to run the unit tests when you see this? When I run tox
on stable/rocky, it installs 8.1.2 as one of the dependencies, although,
to be honest, I'm really not sure how tox knows that that's the right
version.

Or are you trying to run Cinder from Rocky with newer oslo.messaging,
and getting the same symptom as the unit test failures in that bug, when
running the cinder services? If so, a) it's an unsupported combination
(I believe) and b) you'd (at least) need to update your configuration to
remove use of that deprecated rpc_backend option.

     ~iain

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blob/stable/rocky/upper-constraints.txt