[tc][python3] next steps for resolution on tracking python 3 releases

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Nov 21 19:31:43 UTC 2018

We currently have 3 changes up for review related to our python 3
testing plans. I think if we line them up in a series it will be clearer
how they relate to each other and how we can move ahead with them as a
set.

I think first we need Zane's resolution [1], since that describes the
process we want to use. We're dealing with some final wording questions
there, but I think it's very close to ready as it is now.

Next, we want Sean's patch that sets the versions we want tested for
Stein [2]. Zane proposed that we should have goal champions designated
in that change, so we could find someone to do that or we could go ahead
and take it as-is and add that information later.

Finally, we need a variation of Jeremy's patch that makes the PTI less
detailed [3]. One update we could make there is to describe how to find
(or link to) the information in the previous patch instead of using any
specific versions at all.

Thoughts?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/613145/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/611080/