[infra] [zuul] [placement] Minimizing size/time of test node

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Wed Nov 21 12:59:44 UTC 2018

I have a work in progress to run a little job in placement that
gathers very simple performance numbers on some queries. This is
being done as a sort of sanity check. As with many such things it is
a bit rough around the edges and I'd like to make it smoother in a
variety of ways.

The WIP is at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/602484/

One of the ways I'd like to change it is to not rely on devstack. I
need only mysql, uwsgi, python and the current revision of placement
on the node. The current job uses devstack-minimal as its base but
that's overkill and slow.

What is the correct base job to use which, as long as I put the
files in the right place, will gather the logs I want?

Thanks.