[kayobe] Forum summary

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Wed Nov 21 11:39:45 UTC 2018

Hi,

Thanks to those who attended the kayobe forum session. I'll try to
summarise the key points here. The etherpad is here:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BER-18-kayobe-feedback-roadmap.

   - Several people were keen for a Rocky release. We're working on this
   currently, and aim to make it a small one so that we can move to Stein.
   - The point was raised that the locally installed environment can be
   hard to keep in sync, and the installation procedure is too complex. We
   hope to resolve this for the rocky release via
   https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004252 and
   https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004367.
   - Documentation is lacking in a few areas. We aim to improve this for
   rocky: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004360.
   - Ability to import configuration of an existing deployment from
   kolla-ansible: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004364
   - Document/automate bifrost backup procedure:
   https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004359

A few people also requested that we start a regular IRC meeting. Up to now
we've favoured ad-hoc IRC communication, but I tend to agree that the time
is right. I'll send out a separate email with a poll.

Cheers,
Mark