Let's use [dev] for development discussions

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Nov 21 10:28:14 UTC 2018

Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> I believe it is better to mention combined version of tags to clarify
> the intended usage.
> Even if a project specific topic, both [dev] and [ops] topics are possible.
> For nova development, do we use [dev] [nova] or simply [nova]?

Personally I would only use [dev] if the topic is *only* of interest to
contributors coming from a more developer-oriented angle. Extreme examples:

[dev][nova] Enabling py37 unit tests in gate

[nova] Can we deprecate the server backup API?

> Some guidance would help subscribers.

It might be a bit early to emit stronger guidance. I suspect usage will
drive the norm...

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)