[keystone][nova] Availability zones and unified limits

Tobias Urdin tobias.urdin at binero.se
Tue Nov 20 15:11:52 UTC 2018

I partially agree with your statements.

I'm currently rolling the ball on availability zones in our deployments
and it's a real pain and I think if there was an
easier concept for a source of truth for AZs (and aggregates as well)
there would be less confusion and a much better
forward for inter-project support for such resources.

My opinion though; quota's really make sense to store in Keystone since
it's the source of truth for users and projects however
I would say that AZs themselves is not on such a high level and isn't
the same as Keystone knowing about the regions, it's region specific.

I don't think Keystone should have a view on such a detailed level
inside a region, I do agree that there is a void to be filled with something
that gives the source of truth on AZs, host aggregates etc though. But
moving that outside of a region defeats some purpose on the whole idea
to isolate it in the first place.

Best regards