quick report on microstack

Chris Morgan mihalis68 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 14:29:10 UTC 2018

Mark Shuttleworth introduced 'microstack' at the conference last week. It's
a snap based openstack install suitable for getting a quick instance up for
playing with.

Project here : https://github.com/CanonicalLtd/microstack

Its's aimed at bring-up on an actual ubuntu-installed host, however I got
it running on a virtual Ubuntu VM on my Mac with a trivial change (see
https://github.com/CanonicalLtd/microstack/issues/41)

I found it an quick, easy, even fun way to get a test openstack instance,
it installed in just a few minutes for me. It's a single command:

snap install microstack --classic --edge

So far I got a cirros instance to launch, but didn't yet manage to ssh into
that instance, but I only had about an hour playing with it so far.

Definitely a fun toy.

Chris
--
Chris Morgan <mihalis68 at gmail.com>