[openstack-dev] [nova] Stein forum session notes

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 13:38:46 UTC 2018

On 11/19/2018 3:17 AM, melanie witt wrote:
> - Not directly related to the session, but CERN (hallway track) and
> NeCTAR (dev ML) have both given feedback and asked that the
> policy-driven idea for handling quota for down cells be avoided. Revived
> the "propose counting quota in placement" spec to see if there's any way
> forward here

Should this be abandoned then?

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/614783/

Since there is no microversion impact to that change, it could be added
separately as a bug fix for the down cell case if other operators want
that functionality. But maybe we don't know what other operators want
since no one else is at multi-cell cells v2 yet.

Matt