[all] maintainers/reviewers/committers wanted for tiny projects

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Mon Nov 19 10:56:19 UTC 2018

I was recently going through the list of things to which I'm trying
to pay attention and realized there are quite a few small software
projects that are OpenStack-related that could do with additional
attention because I'm either the sole or one of few maintainers.
Some of these are hosted on OpenStack^wOpendev infra, some not.

If you're interested in helping out, please have a look and feel
free to ask me questions. Many are in some state of either disrepair
or incompleteness because they were adopted from absentee owners.

Paste: WSGI middleware management framework
     https://github.com/cdent/paste
     This was recently adopted because it had issues with Python 3.7
     and there were concerns that OpenStack's continued use might
     present problems.

     I've also just inherited the pastedeploy package, and will be
     migrating it over to github too. It will also need some help.

     Use Flask instead.

WSME: Web Service Made Easy (ha!)
     http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/wsme
     For a brief period back in the day, this was the recommended way
     to make a web service in OpenStack. Soon after that it was
     abandoned by its maintainers and Lucas Gomez and I were
     press-ganged into maintaining it. It still gets the occasional
     patch to fix testing or Python 3 -related bugs.

     Does anyone still use this?

     Use Flask instead.

microversion-parse: Library and WSGI middleware for parsing
                     microversion headers
     http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/microversion-parse
     This was extracted from placement's implementation for handling
     microversions. It tries to be framework agnostic, but is biased
     somewhat towards WebOb. It's nominally under the management of
     the API-SIG but it would be good to see it getting more use and
     thus more fixes. It's also used in Nova, not sure where else.

wsgi-intercept: Intercept socket connection to wsgi applications
                 for testing
     https://github.com/cdent/wsgi-intercept
     A convenient way to do functional testing of WSGI applications
     without needing to run a separate process but while still doing
     legit HTTP. Is used in nova and placement, and may still be used
     in the telemetry projects. It's old but very useful. It's at the
     core of gabbi.

gabbi: Declarative HTTP Testing for Python and anything else
     https://github.com/cdent/gabbi
     YAML-driven testing of HTTP APIs that makes live _so_ _much_
     _easier_. Was developed when I was working on telemetry, and is
     now central to the functional testing of placement.

gabbi-tempest: A tempest plugin for using gabbi
     https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/gabbi-tempest
     A tempest plugin + zuul job to make it super easy to use gabbi
     tests for driving integration tests in OpenStack, by mostly
     adding some YAML.

If you're interested, great! Please let me know or simply start
fixing things.