[dev][tc] Feedback on adding the 'API Version Based Feature Discovery' in OpenStack Technical Vision

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Dec 21 07:16:31 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

As you know, last month we had merged the very well written technical vision doc by Zane[1]. To extend it further, I am proposing a section/item to add  about API-Version based feature discovery [1].  Each OpenStack Service should provide a mechanism to know the supported min and max API version in a cloud which further will help to discover the enhanced or new features. Also, a user should be able to query detailed information about features and enhancement per version.

Patch 621516 is documenting this API version based discovery idea in vision doc, and I am looking forward for more feedback/opinion on this.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/technical-vision.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/621516/

-gmann