[openstack-ansible][cinder] Multiple backends for Cinder

Jay Bryant jungleboyj at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 15:25:29 UTC 2018

Cecilia,

There isn't really a recommended configuration for what you are trying
to do.  It really comes down to what works best for you. If Cinder has
been performing well enough for you running on the Controller then I
personally wouldn't change that.

If you update your configuration to add the HPMSA backend it will start
a new volume process for handling management of that backend.  So, it
will be a separate process from the one that is currently managing the
NFS storage.  Otherwise, you can configure the volume process to run on
any other baremetal server for the HPMSA management.  That, however,
seems overly complicated for your use case.

Hope this helps.

Jay