[edge] Zero Touch Provisioning

Curtis serverascode at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:53:47 UTC 2018

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 8:22 AM Zhipeng Huang <zhipengh512 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm also very interested in the use case here, for accelerators deployed
> at edge it would be needed to have zero touch provision capability as Jay
> described.

Accelerators...interesting. I would be happy to hear more about that use
case.

> I'm wondering if the open firmware project [0] could be of help here by
> any means ? I saw there was a FB presentation that they use it for
> provisioning automation in their datacenter at the OCP Regional Summit.
>
> [0] https://www.opencompute.org/wiki/Open_System_Firmware

Quite possibly, or perhaps ONIE as well, or a combination. :)

Mostly I was wondering if there had been any discussion in the edge group,
or if anyone knows of any major activities around this area.  I think a
zero touch related group was just recently started at ETSI [1] but haven't
read through related docs yet.

Thanks,
Curtis

[1]: