[tripleo][ci] Reducing merge time by moving nv job to experimental

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Wed Dec 19 14:44:22 UTC 2018

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 7:34 AM Felix Enrique Llorente Pastora
<ellorent at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    To reduce merge time, would be nice from a review to go from check pipeline to gate pipeline without waiting for non-voting jobs, one way to do that is changing non-voting jobs at different pipelien like experimental one, so we have their result but don't wait for them to change to gate pipepeline.

The goal should be to get them to voting.  The problem with
experimental is that it requires folks to know to run them (which
generally does not happen for our project).  We currently have the
scenario jobs as non-voting because of capacity problems but we still
need the coverage so I'm not keen on moving them to non-voting. I'd
rather we spend the time to land the standalone versions and get them
voting again.

Thanks,
-Alex