Backporting networking-ansible to Queens

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 17:15:26 UTC 2018

On 12/12/2018 3:44 PM, Dan Radez wrote:
> We have customers that are asking for this ML2 driver to be enabled in
> our product that is based on Queens. We would like to push these changes
> to upstream first. This exposes the community to this code and prevents
> the need to carry patches downstream.

Replaying what I said in the review:

"That is not sufficient justification for breaking stable branch policy.
We all have customers on older versions of openstack that would like
newer features. It is the job of vendors, not the community, to figure
out how to satisfy those requests for their customers, either by getting
the customer upgraded or carrying internal forks on stable branches."

Regardless of impact, I don't want to set a precedent for picking and
choosing which features are safe to backport to stable branches based on
one vendor's customer demands.

Matt