[tc] Adapting office hours schedule to demand

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Dec 17 22:12:38 UTC 2018

> The 0100 Wednesday meeting was generally seen as a good candidate to
> drop, if we do drop one. No one seemed to support the idea of rotating
> meeting times, so I'm going to eliminate that from consideration. We can
> discuss the idea of changing the schedule of the meetings separately
> from how many we want to have, so I will also postpone that question for
> later.
>
> TC members, please respond to this thread indicating your support for
> one of these options:
>
> 1. Keep the 3 fixed office hours.
> 2. Drop the 0100 Wednesday meeting, keeping the other 2.
> 3. Drop all office hours.
>
> --
> Doug

I'm about even on 1 or 2. Since there are a few TC folks that are able and
willing to be around for the 0100 office hour, it doesn't really hurt to keep
it as an encouraged time for anyone from those timezones to stop by with any
questions.

That said, these office hours were really only to "encourage" times when
someone would be around for questions. It doesn't mean we couldn't drop it as
an office hour and still have folks asking questions in the -tc channel. I
guess that just depends on how much we want to try to get TC members to be
immediately responsive during those times.

I would not want to go with 3 and drop all office hours completely. I think we
need at a minimum one office hour a week.

Sean