[dev] [horizon] [tc] [release] [PTI] is tox a requirement even if tox is not used?

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Dec 17 16:57:01 UTC 2018

> > # Previously PTI required "venv" tox ini but it is no longer mentioned.
>
> Yes, we used to require a tox "venv" testenv as a generic
> environment setup and invocation entrypoint for generating sdist
> tarballs and wheels to publish on PyPI, but have since switched to
> invoking the relevant tools directly under the system Python
> interpreter instead.
> --
> Jeremy Stanley

Ah, this was the thing that jumped to mind when reading the earlier messages,
but I wasn't sure if that had all changed. I know we had some release job
issues at one point because of "tox -e venv" missing, but if the tooling has
been updated now to not need that then I think we are probably safe dropping
tox if there really is no other need for it.