[dev][openstacksdk] openstacksdk and dogpile 0.7.0+ cache errors

Mike Bayer mike_mp at zzzcomputing.com
Fri Dec 14 14:11:39 UTC 2018

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 10:46 PM Ian Wienand <iwienand at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a heads up that the latest version of dogpile (0.7.0 onwards)
> have become incompatible with openstacksdk.  This is causing a few
> issues for jobs.  As usual, it's a little complex :)

Can you let me know which openstack projects had a failure?  For this
specific change, I enabled my own openstack CI for dogpile.cache,
which runs a selected set of openstack tests for the Neutron, Nova,
Keystone and oslo.db projects, and I didn't observe any failures:
https://gerrit.sqlalchemy.org/#/x/verify-status/jobs/996/4

> The error you will see is something like
>
>      user_func.set = set_
>  AttributeError: 'method' object has no attribute 'set'
>
> The following are related:
>
>  https://review.openstack.org/624697 : requirements change to pin
>  https://review.openstack.org/624485 : openstacksdk pin
>  https://review.openstack.org/624855 : fixes a nodepool job that
>    openstacksdk depends on (note 624485 turns the job non-voting to
>    break the circular dependency).
>
> The issue is being tracked in:
>
>  https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004605 : related story
>  https://github.com/sqlalchemy/dogpile.cache/issues/140 : upstream github issue

I've commented on what is likely a simple fix, but it depends on what
the Python decorator module, which here is our new third party
dependency, is capable of doing.    This review sat in the queue for a
few weeks as I vaguely worried what problems this dependency might
cause, so I guess I failed to get enough people to review this change.
  Are there folks here who would like to watch the dogpile.cache
github project (now at https://github.com/sqlalchemy/dogpile.cache)
as well as our gerrit so that future changes can get some more review?