[cyborg][ResMgmt]Cyborg Ecosystem Building Planning For 2019

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 03:44:32 UTC 2018

Hi team,

After the wrapping up of KubeCon this week, I have some initial thoughts on
eco building for next year

1. Kubernetes
We will be working on a proposal for heterogeneous resource support in k8s.
This is not a new idea and we have been floating the idea around for almost
a year, and based upon the discussion we had through the week, it seems a
good time to do it now. Detailed proposal will come out early next year I
hope for public review and discussion.

To have k8s integration out is on the direction of having more form of
compute with acceleration support. We will also kickstart the resource
management sig activity which has been earlier this year (via email mostly)

2. RISC-V
I would propose we start to talk and work with the FireSIM team to try out
how could we better support RISC-V arch from a cloud perspective.

3. Edge
I'm interested in have raspberry pi support with our driver gathering info
from libgpio and other interfaces. It would be great to have ARM embedded
devs to join the discussion :)

Look forward to feedbacks.