[TripleO] - Blueprint - tripleo-routed-networks-templates

Harald Jensås hjensas at redhat.com
Thu Dec 13 23:49:00 UTC 2018

Hello TripleO Team,

I have been working on the tripleo-routed-networks-templates blueprint
for some time. There is a number of patches in need of reviews.
Link #
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/tripleo-routed-networks-templates+(status:open+OR+status:merged
)

Most of the patches are based on top of eachoter starting with:
 - https://review.openstack.org/582180

One of the hurdles with all this is having an environment with a
network infrastructure to run tests, routers, dhcp-relay server etc.
For some time I have been collaborating with Ben Nemec on routed-
networks support in OVB. And it is working really well! \o/

If anyone wants to try this out, I have set up a github repository[1]
with some scripts to set up the OVB environment in rdocloud. The
ansible playbook in that repo will Deploy the undercloud (including all
the THT patches), build images and import the baremetal nodes.
Overcloud environment files, templates and a deploy script is there in
the repo as well.

For the overcloud there are two set's of templates and accompanying
deploy command in the git repo. The deploy command and templates with
suffix '_pre_update' will deploy 1 Controller and 1 Compute node
without subnets, a single leaf. By deploying using these first, and
then deploying the using the templates and deploy command without
suffix we can verify that the existing non-*neutron routed networks* is
migrated to *neutron routed networks* with multiple subnets with
network segment association during stack update.

The commands to run Tempest is also in the Readme. Today's `tempest run
--smoke` results:

======
Totals
======
Ran: 99 tests in 486.0000 sec.
 - Passed: 90
 - Skipped: 9
 - Expected Fail: 0
 - Unexpected Success: 0
 - Failed: 0
Sum of execute time for each test: 1028.2578 sec.

I hope that we can merge these changes soon, so that they are available
in early for downstream QA.

Thank you!

--
Cheers,